A Celebration of Wildlife and the Environment,
and our Relationship with the Natural World.
The Wildlife Asia Film Festival is an international wildlife, conservation and environmental film festival on a scale never seen before in Asia. The inaugural Festival was on 13th to 16th March, 2007. Wildlife Asia celebrates the very best in wildlife filmmaking in Asia and throughout the world. It is open to filmmakers, conservationists and the public.
The Festival is an essential marketplace to: stimulate new film productions for the local and international markets; advance wildlife and conservation filmmaking throughout Asia; and nurture new Asian filmmakers. It is also a vital platform for debate on the most pertinent topics to wildlife filmmaking and conservation communication in Asia.
The Festival's programme comprise an exciting mix of key-note speeches and seminars covering the latest issues in wildlife filmmaking and conservation, thought-provoking debates, workshops exploring technology advances and various aspects of filmmaking, screenings of short-listed films, programme pitching opportunities to key commissioners and a trade show for cutting edge equipment and production services.
The Festival itself culminates in the Lion Awards - honouring the best wildlife and conservation films and new media productions.
The Festival encourages films that inspire and motivate greater audiences to respect and care for our most precious resource - Planet Earth.
The Wildlife Asia Film Festival:
- Celebrates Asian wildlife and environmental filmmaking.
- Features leading wildlife and environmental filmmakers and conservationists from across the world.
- Focuses the attention of the international television community on Asia, promoting Asia and Asian filmmaking.
- Recognises excellence in television and new media productions in Asia and around the world - productions that document the beauty of the natural world and our relationship with it.
- Nurtures new productions in Asia both for the local and international production companies.
- Creates a marketplace to do business for all involved in natural history and documentary film production.
- Accentuates new technologies, and the exciting future development of the wildlife film industry - in a series of workshops and seminars.
- Engages the public in a celebration of Asian wildlife and our relationship with the natural world.
Tackling the latest issues in wildlife filmmaking and environmental/conservation communication.
Workshops, Training & Pitching Sessions
Technical and creative workshops that introduce delegates to the technological advances that are influencing filmmaking today, as well as the latest creative demands of international documentary production.
Training sessions will provide delegates with intensive, focused, hands-on experience. Class numbers will be limited.
We will also feature Pitching Sessions - enabling delegates unique one-on-one opportunity to sell their skills and programme ideas to broadcasters, distributors and production companies.
Asia’s premier international wildlife and environmental film awards named in honour of our host country. This world-class event celebrates Asian wildlife, conservation and environmental filmmaking, rewards the best films, and recognizes the production teams, scientists and broadcasters behind them.
A comprehensive series of seminars and workshops for youth participants running as part of the main festival programme. Using the media to motivate an active interest in our environment and the natural world.
Wildlife Asia will present a comprehensive programme of public screenings during the festival week, during which the filmmakers themselves will present many of the films.
Finalists in every competition category will be screened throughout the Festival week. A full screening programme will be released after initial selection.
Delegates Registration Desk
Our desk will be open all day, every day. Whether you want to register, need to know where your hotel is, or are interested in a sight-seeing tour of Singapore - our staff will have the answer!
Providing delegates with access to all films entered into the Lion Awards.
Enabling delegates to access the internet via dedicated consoles or wirelessly on their own laptops.